Roast Chicken and Caesar Salad with RW Chenin Blanc
For the Roast Chicken
• 1 whole chicken
• 1 bottle of Robertson Winery Chenin Blanc
• 40ml of olive oil plus extra for brushing your croutons
• 1 small handful of leaf parsley
• 7 garlic cloves
• 1 lemon cut in half
• 1 table spoon rainbow peppercorn
• ½ tablespoon salt
Salad Ingredients :
• 1 gem lettuce
• 6 pieces of baguette to make croutons
• 2 eggs
• 200g parmesan shavings
• 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
• Grated parmesan
• 5 chopped up anchovies
• 1 garlic clove grated
• Heat oven to 180*
• Place chicken in a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil
• Add garlic cloves
• Sprinkle with rainbow peppercorn, salt and parsley.
• Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken and place each half inside the roasting tray.
• Pour RW Chenin Blanc around the sides of the chicken and cover with lid.
• Place chicken in the oven and roast for 1,5 hours
• Brush you sliced baguette pieces with olive oil & toast in oven for croutons till brown
• Once cooled cut into bite size blocks and set aside.
• Make the dressing.
• In a bowl add your mayonnaise, parmesan, garlic and anchovies.
• Mix together well.
• Assemble your salad.
• Toss the lettuce in dressing until well covered
• Sprinkle with croutons, parmesan shavings and soft boiled eggs
• Take the chicken out of the oven and enjoy & serve with the Ceasar Salad & RW Chenin Blanc.
Watch the recipe here: https://youtu.be/w8HEFwWnocs[fbcomments]